Tuesday, March 22, 2011

American Beauty Show in Chicago: Day 1

Last Sunday I left for Chicago by bus. It was about a four hour ride. Wow was I exhausted after that ride. I actually gamed the majority of the time since I just recently purchased Pokemon White. Which I am in love with. I cant put it down. It takes up at least 2 hours of my life a day lol. I have three gym badges now but I have been focusing on training & capturing Pokemon more lately. Apologies for the nerd moment.



Anyways when we arrived at the Sheraton Gateway I noticed the "rat" in Sheraton lights were out. This made me giggle since the night before I attended a Emilie Autumn concert as a plague rat, this is what Emilie calls her loyal fans. By the way I will post a photo blog on that amazing concert plus some videos within the week. Back on subject, we had only a few hours to dress to our best and meet for a rally prior to going to the 18 Muvico Theater to watch the unreleased Vidal Sassoon movie before it came out to the public. As we arrived at the rally in our hotel announcements had been made that the film company who created the Vidal Sassoon movie wanted money from the college and students to view it. This is quite ridiculous because we are students who are wanting to watch this film to learn. This film company basically stated with this gesture "You have to pay to learn or watch this movie." Bummed and a little upset we all packed the pus to go to the Muvico Theater and watch Burlesque. Yes I know this has already been released on DVD but out instructors found that this is the most accurate recent movie made to benefit our fields in the beauty industry. I also hadn't seen it yet. Which it was amazing movie. It was quite funny that over 100+ girls kept ooing & awing over Jack, played by Cam Gigandet.

I had a blast with my friends. It was a great night. After the movie we headed back to the hotel to enjoy some Subway & just chill in the room. Didn't really get much sleep that night. Think I didn't pass out till 4am because we were up talking.
There are still 2 more days to talk about with the America Beauty Show with the final blog all about the product I picked up. So until next time.
  ~XOXO, Neon

No comments:

Post a Comment